This qualification will provide New Zealand business entities with people who have the skills and knowledge to manage and lead, and to achieve entity objectives, at a strategic level in a bi- and multi-cultural environment. Graduates will have the skills and knowledge needed for effective leadership and management, leading to increases in productivity. Graduates of this qualification will benefit New Zealand business entities by contributing to the achievement of the entities’ objectives at a strategic level through the application of advanced technical skills, in an ethical manner. This programme aims to empower Learners by providing understandings, knowledge and skills, along with attitudes and values of Leadership and Management that constitute the two areas of specialisation of this qualification.
Qualification Code: 2460
Duration: One year, 120 credits
Programme Owner: New Zealand Curriculum Design Institute
- NZDB 601: Business Strategy
- NZDB 602: Strategic Management
- NZDB 603: Managing Innovation and Change for Strategic Advantage
- NZDB 604: Facilitative Management Practice
- NZDB 605: Business Environment & Financial Planning
- NZDB 606: Change Project Management & Leadership
- NZDB 609: Work-Based and/or Realistic Simulation-Based Business Project
- Applicants who do not have English as a first language must meet one of the requirements as set out in Appendix 2 of the NZQA programme Approval and Accreditation Rules as below:
- Academic IELTS score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5 OR
- TOEFL paper based test (PBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE) OR
- TOEFL Internet based test (IBT) score of 60 or higher (with a writing score of 20) OR
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: FCE or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill, OET at Grade C in all sub-tests OR
- NZCEL: Level 4 (Academic) OR
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): PToE (Academic) B2 score of 50 OR
- City & Guilds IESOL: B2 communicator with a score of 66 OR
- Language Cert: C1 Expert IESOL (LRWS) with PASS
All applicants will be required to complete an Enrolment Form and may be interviewed in person or via Skype to evaluate their suitability for the programme.
The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 6) may lead to business qualifications at degree level and other relevant industry qualifications.
Graduates of NZ Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 6) will have the skills and knowledge to work as a manager/leader in a range of strategic roles within New Zealand business entities.