Imperial College of New Zealand has an arrangement with the Public trust, which
acts as a trustee to protect student’s fee by holding the fee amount in a trust
account. This protects all students fee against the withdrawal of accreditation of
the College, any unlikely event of insolvency or the regulatory closure. This is a
NZQA approved arrangement for fee protection.
Are you a under 18 year student?
Fee Protection (under 18 year students)
Imperial College of New Zealand follows following steps in order to make decision to offer a place for under 18 student into English language courses:
- Application form filled and signed by the student and parent or legal guardian
- Principal and/or nominee will have face to face meeting with parent or legal guardian.
- College will make decision based on the meeting and documents provided. A place shall be offered only when College is satisfied with the documents provided.
Note: We consider only those under 18 year students, whose parents or legal guardians are in New Zealand during the period of their study at Imperial College of New zealand.
Student Withdrawals and Refunds Policy
Purpose of the Policy
Imperial College of New Zealand ensures that students and other stakeholders
receive clear information about the student withdrawals and refund requirements.
ICNZ ensures that the fee refund procedure fully meets the requirements of the
regulators (NZQA and MoE) and the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students)
Code of Practice 2016.
PROCEDURES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Students wishing to withdraw from any of the courses must complete the course withdrawal request form with the reasons for withdrawal from the College.
- The Principal or nominee makes decision (either approves or declines) on the application. Refund requests are approved or declined by the Principal or nominee based on the withdrawals and Refunds schedule as below.
- When the refund applications are approved, Public Trust refund forms are generated by the administration and are given to the students for their signature and any relevant information. When the refund applications are declined, students are given opportunity to have meeting with Principal to discuss the reasons for decline.
- Completed Public trust refund forms are then sent to Public Trust for authorisation and processing of fees held by Public Trust.
- In instances where a course is being cancelled, the College shall arrange for a full refund of fees paid by the students. In the event that a course is cancelled part way through due to unforeseen circumstances (including course closure or regulatory closure), a proportional refund of fees paid will be given.
- Students whose attendance is below the accepted percentage, or has failed to make contact with the College, despite warning letters being sent or phone calls made will be withdrawn from the course and Immigration New Zealand will be notified immediately, and no refund applies.
The amount of refund depends on the period of enrolment and period between the
course start date and the application for withdrawal.
- Course length less than 5 weeks
- Student withdrawing on or before the 2nd working day from the commencement of the course, the College will retain up to 50% of the course fee based on actual expenses incurred.
- Student withdrawing after the 2nd working day, there will be no refund
- Course length greater than 5 weeks and less than 3 months
- Student withdrawing on or before the 5th working day from the commencement of the course, the College will retain up to 25% of the course fee based on actual expenses incurred.
- Student withdrawing after the 5th working day, there will be no refund
- Course length of 3 months or greater
- Student withdrawing on or before the 10th working day from the commencement of the course, the College will retain up to 25% of the course fee based on actual expenses incurred.
- Student withdrawing after the 10th working day, there will be no refund
- Students withdrawing before the course starts will also be subject to the above criteria, i.e they will be entitled to a refund less any amounts (such as Insurance fees if already applied by the provider, the homestay placement if already confirmed by the student) allowed to be retained.
- A full refund of any and all course-related fees paid by students will automatically be given for courses which are cancelled by Imperial College of New Zealand, or which did not start due to an insufficient number of enrolments.
- Imperial College of New Zealand reserves the right to cancel any course for which there are insufficient enrolments.
Student policies and procedures
The following policies are detailed in the QMS of Imperial College of New Zealand. The College explains all of these policies during the pre-enrolment process.
- Policy 6.1 Student Support and Welfare
- Policy 6.2 Student Academic Support
- Policy 6.3 Student Information and Student Handbook
- Policy 6.4 International Student Enrolment
- Policy 6.5 Student Cross and Transfer Credit, Recognition of Prior Learning
- Policy 6.6 Student Orientation
- Policy 6.7 Student Attendance and Academic Performance Requirements
- Policy 6.8 Student Behaviour and Discipline
- Policy 6.9 Student Complaints and Grievance
- Policy 6.10 Student Accommodation
- Policy 6.11 Student Files and Records
Please contact College administration for detailed copies of any of the above policies.