What I need to bring with me to New Zealand?
Besides of your passport, if you are not from a visa waiver country and you already have a visa to enter the New Zealand and it was issued as e-visa (electrical visa via email), you may better print it out and keep it with your passport. Check Immigration New Zealand (www.immigrations.govt.nz) website more about visa waiver countries. It is also a good idea to arrive in New Zealand with some cash if you can. You can find money exchange booths and ATM machines at the airport so you can withdraw some money for your first few days or until you open a bank account. Remember to bring a camera, a rain jacket and a mobile phone that its SIM is unlocked.
What should I bring on my first day at school? 
All programmes in Imperial College of New Zealand (ICNZ) hold its orientation for the first day of your school. For the orientation day, please bring:
  • ◎ Your passport
  • ◎ Your valid visa; which includes a study permission at ICNZ. If you are still waiting for your Student visa, please bring your interim visa.
  • ◎ Travel and medical insurance; All students must have their valid medical insurance which covers their visa duration.
  • ◎ Pens and any documentations if required.
Where can I get more information about visa requirements?
Visit www.immigrations.govt.nz to find a list of complete requirements for any kinds of visas.
What are the attendance requirements? 
All students must meet ICNZ 100% attendance requirement at all times unless they have genuine reasons for absence. Check Student Handbook to see more details of the attendance policy.
What is the refund policy of ICNZ when student wants to withdraw from course?
Student should submit a completed withdrawal application to ICNZ and make sure it’s been acknowledged immediately on reception. You can refer to our Policy page for more information.
Where can I find further information on ICNZ policies and procedures?
If you have applied to study at ICNZ you will be provided with a “Student Handbook”, which outlines all policies and procedures of ICNZ. ICNZ Prospectus and Student Handbook can be seen from the website.
How long can I study in New Zealand?
You can apply your student visa for as long as you like if you keep meeting the requirements.
What is average cost of renting in New Zealand?
It depends on which suburb or what kind of accommodation you are going to live in, but the average cost of renting a room near, or in, the cities range from $150 – $250+ per week.  Most flats require you to pay a bond (this is a deposit in case you damage the house) and about 2 weeks rent in advance before you move into the flat.

Tip: It is a good idea to take photos of your room and the flat before you move in. This way, you will have evidence of any pre-existing damage.
Where can I find out information on my work right in New Zealand and rules for working on a student visa?
First of all, please check the status of your visa and read them through very carefully. If you hold a valid student visa with a work permission, you’re allowed to work as a part-time in New Zealand (may work as a full-time during school holidays). Working in another country can be very different from working in your country. In New Zealand there are laws to protect all workers, and this includes international students. Find out more about your rights and responsibilities working in New Zealand on the NZ Study+Work Website. Also, there are several websites which help you to get tips of job searching and job vacancies;
How do I get IRD?
Everyone earning an income needs an IRD number, this is a unique number given to you by Inland Revenue (NZ’s Tax Department). Your number will never change, even if you move to another country and then return to New Zealand sometime in the future. You can go to their website and download the form to apply for an IRD number.

Please contact us here or email us here if you have any questions.