Certificate In English
This course is...
The Certificate in English will help you in improving your English grammar along with reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. This course provides non-English speaking students with a structured language learning opportunity to develop all the language skills necessary to communicate in an English-speaking environment.
The Certificate in English is developed to provide students with all the necessary language skills to communicate in an English-speaking environment. Certificate in English is an approved course by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
Why study at Imperial
At Imperial, the Certificate in English is taught by our experienced and well-qualified teachers.
We understand that students have a variety of needs. Our experienced and well-qualified teaching team uses a variety of teaching strategies to provide constructive and interesting learning. Our experienced and friendly student support staff provides students with any required support.
Our classes are small, so that teacher can give each student individual attention. We check your progress regularly.
Morning Class (9:00am – 1:00pm)
Evening Class (5:30pm – 9:30pm)
(Except during school holidays)
16 years old or above and must hold a valid visa with a study permission
Please contact our administration for more detail and the availability of these classes.
What is your aim?
We offer various levels of this course in order to meet student’s needs. These levels are as below
The aim of the beginner course is to teach you to:
- ◎ Understand simple English
- ◎ Introduce yourself
- ◎ Be able to shop or travel with basic English
- ◎ The fundamentals and English pronunciation’s
The aim of the elementary course is to teach you to:
- ◎ Understand and use simple vocabulary, sentences and basic phrases which are useful for day to day life
- ◎ Introduce yourself and describe a variety of everyday topics and activities including your personal details (your living, your family, your work, shopping etc)
- ◎ Read and understand simple information and texts
- ◎ Speak and write short texts
- ◎ Be able to complete forms and write short texts related to personal information
The aim of the pre-intermediate course is to teach you to:
- ◎ Understand and communicate in familiar situations, using sentences
- ◎ Introduce yourself with greater confidence and ask and answer questions about personal details, daily needs, interests, hobbies etc
- ◎ Manage most of the situations related to day to day life, for example living and travelling, to describe or express your views on topics of different topics such as hobbies, experiences, events, dreams and express viewpoint with reasons
- ◎ Write simple formal letters and text on familiar matter
The aim of the intermediate course is to teach you to:
- ◎ New and more challenging vocabulary and sentence structure
- ◎ Speak more fluent and spontaneously with English-speaking people
- ◎ Explain your opinions and advantages and disadvantages of a situation
- ◎ Understand the purpose and type of text when reading
- ◎ Read and understand the routine information and articles and the meaning of information in a familiar area
- ◎ Produce a variety of written tasks
The aim of the upper-intermediate course is to teach you to:
- ◎ English for work or study, and to communicate more effectively with native speakers
- ◎ Understand people speaking English on the radio, television and/or any other discussions
- ◎ Understand the main points of complex writing
- ◎ Express your views and hold discussions with native speakers on a variety of topics
- ◎ Understand and write, clear and detailed text on a wide range of topics
The aim of the advanced course is to teach you to:
- ◎ Speak with native speakers fluently, spontaneously, and confidently in social, academic, and business situations
- ◎ Understand, read and write text on complex subjects
- ◎ Take notes and write formatted and logical text’s for professional purposes